Wednesday, September 30, 2009

What Do the Chinese Think of Michael Jackson? (Translations Welcome)

It's official. My most commented-on post is a YouTube clip from the film Three Kings (1998), in which an Iraqi soldier discourses on the torments of race in American culture--"What is the Problem with Michael Jackson?"--while torturing an American soldier by pouring oil down his throat. The problem is, EVERY SINGLE COMMENT IS WRITTEN IN CHINESE. Is there anyone who knows Chinese who would care to translate some of these comments? I'd love to know what they're saying

4 comments:

Christopher Kempf said...

I don't think it's Chinese; it looks like an HTML error of some sort. Or else they love you in Beijing.

Philip Metres said...

Chris, a little google translator leads me to believe that the Chinese don't care at all about Michael Jackson. They want to sell me enhancement products of various sorts.... gotta love communist capitalism.

Christopher Kempf said...

Ohhh, the HTML error was on my end. My computer is a patriot.

Lyle Daggett said...

I'm thinking at least some of the entries are in Japanese rather than Chinese. This based on my largely untutored eye on this topic. Also, I hovered my mouse pointer over the "names" of some of the the "commenters," and several of the domain names that showed in the lower right of the screen looked like Japanese words, again to my largely untutored eye.

What the stuff says, I have no idea.